Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Refleftion

Advanced Architectural Design, well it's been a good semester. I've explored programs, ideas, and techniques I had previously never considered.

Sketch up allowed me to catch up on a program I hadn't used in years, but really needed to become familiar with yet again. My guess is I'll end up using this at some point again in college. I was also introduced to revit, a program that will likely encompass plenty of my time in the next couple years. As far as programs, these are the most important to me currently, and I want to be able to dive into them more in depth, but as far as this class provided, it was a good introduction. Mr. Carson allowed us to explore these programs on our own, and it made us understand that a lot of the time in the future we will be alone to figure stuff out, and we need to start doing this now. But it was always nice if we had a question, he was there to answer it.

The class was useful in the sense that we didn't just work on a typical architectural project. We mixed up the project between a house design, and a garden design. This allowed us to explore architectural principals related to vegetation and shade. The garden allowed us to think about being landscape architects. The class allowed us to think outside of the box to attempt to solve architectural problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment